Our expertise unit, your partner for research collaboration
The Expertise Unit Psychology, Technology & Society of the Department of Applied Psychology (Thomas More University of Applied Sciences) conducts applied, practice-oriented research about digital technology from a psychological perspective. We have a strong focus on the interaction between both domains and the synergy they create, in particular within mental healthcare and human-technology interaction. Most of our members are post-doctoral researchers.
Selection of ongoing projects & networks
- Carewear (started in 2015): wearable technology in mental health care: project leader for 570k TETRA project, funded by Flanders Innovation and Entrepreneurship & co-financed by Flemish partners
- eMEN (started in 2016): development and dissemination of e-mental health in mental health care: project partner of a 5.3M Interreg NWE project, funded by ERDF & own co-financing
- COST-action “European network on individualized psychotherapy treatment of young people with mental disorders” ”: member management committee
- COST-action “European network for problematic usage of the internet”: member management committee
What makes us an outstanding potential research partner?
- We are the largest university of applied sciences in Belgium.
- We provide the largest bachelor education in applied psychology in Belgium & The Netherlands.
- We are part of the KU Leuven Association network.
- We have a strong focus on practice-oriented research about technology from a psychological and mental health perspective.
- We collaborate extensively in European research and networking projects, e.g. Interreg, COST, EFPA TF on e-Health.
- We are actively involved in an extensive network of connected SMEs and non-profit organisations primarily in the field of mental healthcare.
- We deliver on-demand research focused on optimization of eHealth-service.
Stage binnen de expertisecel Psychologie, Technologie & Samenleving
De expertiscel is momenteel tijdelijk uitgebreid met Hans Vermeulen, tweedejaarsstudent bachelor toegepaste psychologie binnen onze opleiding. Hij loopt gedurende acht…Lees meer
Techneut of technofoob?
Attitudes ten aanzien van technologiegebruik in kaart brengen bij cliënt en professional. Er worden steeds meer apps, websites en andere…Lees meer