Frederica Martijn has a Research Master Clinical and Developmental Psychopathology (VU, 2019), a Master Clinical Forensic Psychology (UvA, 2019) and a Master Clinical Psychology (Leiden University, 2019). She’s originally from Amsterdam. She worked as an outpatient forensic psychologist with people who’ve committed sexually transgressive and/or other delinquent behaviors at de Waag in The Hague since 2019. Since 2020 she works as a lecturer/researcher at the Expertise unit Forensic Psychology at Thomas More. She teaches the course Forensic Psychology, co-coordinates the Postgraduate Forensic Psychodiagnostics and Counselling, and supervises Applied Psychology students’ bachelor projects. She has conducted research about romantic feelings for children in persons with pedohebephilia and adolescent intra- and extrafamilial sexual offending. Frederica’s research focuses on sexual non-normativity, (sexually) transgressive behavior, and intrafamilial violence.
- Forensic Psychology
- Promotor Bachelor thesis
- Co-coordinator Postgraduate Forensic Psychodiagnostics and counselling
- Martijn, F. M., Leroux, E. J., Babchishin, K. M., & Seto, M. C. (2020). A meta-analysis comparing male adolescents who have sexually offended against intrafamilial versus extrafamilial victims. Clinical Child and Family Psychology Review, 1-24. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10567-020-00320-6
- Martijn, F. M., Babchishin, K. M., Pullman, L. E., & Seto, M. C. (2020). Sexual attraction and falling in love in persons with pedohebephilia. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 1-14. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10508-019-01579-9
- Wierda, M., Begeer, S., Martijn, F. M., Wijnker, B. (2015). Nederlands Autisme Register. Rapportage 2015. Nederlandse Vereniging voor Autisme.
- Begeer, S., Wierda, M., Martijn, F. M., & Koot, H. M. (May, 2015). Parents with Autism of Children with Autism. Presented at the 14th Annual International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR). Salt Lake City.
- Martijn, F.M., Pullman, L.E., Babchishin, K.M., & Seto, M.C. (August, 2018). Experiences of sexual and romantic attraction to children and/or adults in persons with pedohebephilia. Presented at the 15th conference of the International Association for the Treatment of Sexual Offenders (IATSO), Vilnius
- Martijn, F.M., Pullman, L.E., Babchishin, K.M., & Seto, M.C. (August, 2018). Attraction to physical and psychological features of children and/or adults in persons with pedohebephilia. Presented at the 15th conference of the International Association for the Treatment of Sexual Offenders (IATSO), Vilnius